Subclinical hyperthyroidism is an affection where a large quantity of the stimulating hormone of the thyroid also called TSH inside the blood is decreased. The TSH is made by the brain, inside hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
This stimulating hormone is managing the work of the thyroid gland and tells it what quantity of hormone to make. Thyroid hormones are useful in controlling the body functions such as heart rate, growth, and body temperature. The TSH also is managing the body’s energy, and is affecting the weight gain and weight loss.
Subclinical Hyperthyroidism Causes
Here are the causes of subclinical hyperthyroidism:
- The autoimmune affection: The immune system is fighting against the infection. If a problem occurs with your immune system it will force the body to affect its own cells. Grave’s illness is the most usual autoimmune condition.
- Try to keep a diet: by having large quantities or small quantities of iodine in diet and by taking medications that contain iodine can lead to subclinical hyperthyroidism. Iodine is mineral, very significant which can help the thyroid gland to work in a normal way.
- History in the family: if you have a relative who experience thyroid condition or autoimmune affection then you are at a higher risk of experiencing this condition.
- Medications: when we say medications we also refer to steroids or certain medications for heart affections. If you take large quantities of thyroid hormone to treat other thyroid affections, like for example hypothyroidism, you can also increase the risk.
- Others affection: in this category we must include all the affections that can disturb the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus, or even the thyroid gland.
Subclinical Hyperthyroidism Signs and Symptoms
You can experience no hyperthyroidism signs and symptoms, or you can experience some common hyperthyroidism signs and symptoms. The subclinical hyperthyroidism symptoms are loss of weight, sleep disorders, the feeling of anxiety. You can also experience a warm feeling when others experience a feeling of cold, and experience difficulty in breathing or a fast pulse. If you affection worsens you can experience other hyperthyroidism signs and symptoms in time.
Subclinical Hyperthyroidism Diagnosis
You may have to recourse to some of the next methods to diagnose you subclinical hyperthyroidism such as:
- Testing your blood: You will have to give some blood for some testing. These tests can worn you about the high levels of thyroid stimulating hormone and thyroid hormones inside the blood. The information from these tests can also you in observing how well work the medicines.
- Thyroid scan: This test also can help you see how the thyroid works.
- Ultrasound thyroid: This is the kind of test made with the help of some sound waves for controlling the thyroid gland. You will see images of the thyroid gland on a screen.
Subclinical Hyperthyroidism Treatment
The subclinical hyperthyroidism treatment may differ because of the thyroid stimulating hormone levels and thyroid hormones, the age, the symptoms, and also some other patterns. Exist the possibility that you may not need any type of medications. However, if you need treatment you can recourse to any of the following treatments such as:
- Anti thyroid medications: These treatments work over the thyroid and do not let it to produce large amounts of thyroid hormone. They may also act in preventing the hyperthyroidism signs and symptoms.
- Other medications: You may be prescribed medications for controlling the hyperthyroidism symptoms. These include medications for treating the heart, or the tremors. If another condition is noticed, such as low density of the bones, it will also be cured.
- Radioactive iodine: it is important to know that the thyroid gland is the only body organ that can receive iodine. A radioactive iodine form is prescribed for destroying or killing some of the cells of the thyroid gland. This may result in lower quantities of thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland. Women have to say immediately if they are pregnant.
- Operation: an operation it will also be needed for removing the thyroid gland entirely or partially. By doing the operation your thyroid gland gets smaller and the big quantities of thyroid hormones will also get lower.